Sunday, March 29, 2020

Monday, March 30th



We are about to enter our second full week of long distance learning.  I can't believe the changes that have taken place in the past couple of weeks.   Our next packets will be mailed on Monday, March 30th.  I am trying to put most of the work for my homeroom class on our Google Classroom this week. If this is a problem for you and you cannot access it, please let me know. 

As I look ahead, I am realizing that I am excited to be thinking about setting some new routines.  One of these routines I would like to establish is regular Zoom meetings to begin workshops and instruction through these sessions.  Last week, I tried our first Zoom meeting with my homeroom class.  Eleven students participated and it was so great to see them.  This week, I would like to try a session with my homeroom class on Wednesday morning at 9:30.  We will use this meeting as a check in on the packets for this week and to answer questions.  I am hoping to see more of my homeroom students join us this week. 

I would like to try our first Zoom meeting with my afternoon fifth graders at 11:00 on Wednesday.  I will send you an invite through email.  Hope to see you there!

It is my hopes that by early next week (the week of April 7th), I can have a schedule for the week of Zoom meetings.  I hope to include meetings for literacy, including read aloud.  I also hope to have afternoon meetings for math and theme.  As I told my students in our first Zoom session, I am excited to be living in a time when technology makes this all possible!  Hope you have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment