Tuesday, March 24, 2020

March 24th





It is hard to believe that we have only been working on distance learning for four days.  I have not had as much time as I would like to review or comment on any work you have been doing, but that is a priority fo me after today.  

This morning, I start to make my weekly calls to all students.  I want to check in, make sure all is going well, and answer any questions.  Over the weekend, I set up both the morning class and the afternoon fifth graders in an online ReadWorks classroom.  I will be checking in with everyone today to see if they can access it from home.  ReadWorks has many reading passages, both fiction and nonfiction.  If students can access this, I will begin assigning work next week.

Yesterday, I spent the day at school getting packets ready to go home.   If they were not picked up, they should be delivered today by the bus.  This week’s work includes something for PE  and a list of online Art resources/opportunities.  Right now, it is my understanding that packets for next week will be mailed.  Of course, this could change.  I will keep you updated through this blog.

It looks like many students have been able to complete work online.  If you prefer to write by hand or can’t access work online, don't worry.   I will read and comment on your work when we are back at school.

I hope everyone is staying healthy.  I look forward to talking with you later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment