We have been busily working on our ancestry projects this week. Students are getting excited to see these projects coming together. I have had several students ask to stay in during the recess block to work on their projects. If they haven’t already done the following, they should try to have these completed by early next week:
- Interview – This could be parents, grandparents or other relatives
- · Photo of an artifact or the actual artifact (Ask your child about this assignment.)
- · Photo for their Author page
- · Photos that connect to the person they are studying
- · Extra credit for a family recipe and photo of them making it
These projects will be on display during our Celebration of Learning on April 4th. Natalie Kinsey Warnock, who led the ancestry project, will be joining the 4th/5th grade classes that evening.
This week’s Friday folder will have a sheet for signing up for the student led conferences. Please fill out the form and return it next week. Student led conferences provide an opportunity for children to reflect upon their growth and learning. They take an active role by showing work samples and reflections in the various academic areas.
In technology class and our writing block we have been working on creating a nonfiction booklet using “Book Creator.” This is a simple tool to create ebooks. Most students are finishing up on this project. These also will be shared during the Celebration of Learning and Student Led Conferences.
Have a wonderful weekend!