Friday, March 20, 2020

March 20th


Good Morning Families,

I want to thank all of you that responded so quickly on preferences for when phone calls should be made to your child next week.  Today, I work on communicating with the nine staff members that are my 2nd or 3rd calls to let them know when they should touch base with your child.  Then I will start planning assignments for next week.

Several of you have responded that you would prefer picking up assignments if that is possible.  I have learned that administration is discussing this today and as soon as I get more information, I will pass it on.  For anyone that specifically asked this question yesterday, I will send an email.  I will also post what I hear on this blog.  If you did not ask, but would like an email sent to you, just let me know.

I want to say that I am so proud of all of my students.  The many emails with thoughtful questions and concerns about their assignments have been great.  Please let them know that I will try to respond to each one in a timely manner.   

On Wednesday, we learned about a couple of ways that we could have a video call with our students.  Later next week, I would like to try this out.  If you would prefer that not happen, please send me an email.

Arlyn has asked that I share some information from the library.  Below is a message from her.  Have a wonderful day!


Dear EMES K-6th Grade Families,

Please check out the homepage of the EMES Library Website for information on
Free Audiobooks, Book Clubs, Read Alouds, and Arlyn's Remote Red Clover Reading Group.

During these challenging times, many organizations are working to provide reading resources for students. I am also exploring ways to hold virtual reading groups.  More on that will come, so please check the EMES Library Site for updates.

The site is linked under classrooms from the EMES website or here is the direct link

Take care,
Arlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment