Thursday, March 26, 2020

March 26




I cannot believe that our first full week at home is almost over.  I know that I said I would post each day, but did not realize how many hours I would be on emails and phone calls this week.  From the families that I have been able to connect with, it sounds like most students have transitioned into a routine at home.  I know that a couple of students have asked about work they have submitted and I am hoping that tomorrow I can spend some time looking at work.  Tomorrow will also be spent at school preparing for next week’s assignments.  It is my understanding that Monday the packets will be prepared for mailing this time.  When I spoke with Mrs. Parker this morning, she said that I should notify you that depending on when they arrive at the Post Office, you might not get the work until Wednesday. 

Over the past few days, I have had an opportunity to touch base with many of you.  There are still as few families that I have not been able to connect with, but I will keep trying.  Looking ahead, I am thinking of setting a schedule on Zoom to try and meet on specific subjects, participate in a mini lesson together and discussion.  To try this out, I am planning to do a Zoom meeting for our class tomorrow at 1:00.  Students will get an email asking them to join, and all they need to do is follow the link to join the meeting.  (That is, if I set it up correctly.  I am new to all of this too!) I am hoping to have our meeting go for 30 – 45 minutes and students can join at any time after receiving the invite by email.  I look forward to seeing many students there.  Please be sure to have your child check their email for my invite! 

No comments:

Post a Comment